2011年10月4日星期二

Journey

I drove to the class today and tried to arrive within 10 minutes as the google map said. However, there were a lot of cars in the morning. I was a little impatient counting on the numbers of red lights that I met. So I turned on the CD player in order to relieve the anxiety. There are two road works on my way to the school but the lanes are not closed every day. However, both of them were closed today which made me disappointed. A special area that I paid attention to was a corner that towards to three different ways. It was easy to make a wrong choice. After this corner, I supposed to turn on the west broadway but I missed it. So I had to keep on the kenny road until I saw a white and red building located at kenny and woody hayes Dr. I made a left turn there and quickly reached to the tuttle park garage. Finally it took me less than 3 minutes walking to the classroom.


Explanation of the project -
          I chose a map as the background according to the idea of universal map. Listening to the music helped me to kill the time wasted on the red lights and traffic jams. So I draw an ear as my way to the school and a earphone to show I was listening to the music all the way. The text included my home address and destination was used to connect the two places. A small picture placed on the yellow ear path represented my car running on the road. Another small picture and the big picture were used to show the two road works. The road closed sign, stop sign and traffic light presented my impatience during my journey. Finally, th gold text on the bottom right was the statement that showed my main topic: an unusual long journey to the class.


I am trying to show my unique journey which presents my personal characters. I do not have much patience so the red lights and road works made me very anxious. On the other hand, I love music so I choose music to relieve my anxiety.

Explanation of tool used:

I used several layers to separate the elements. The tools I used included transparency and blending when I mixed pictures together. I also used the arrange tool to place certain pictures front of others. I used transform tool to scale, rotate, and wrap pictures and text. Filter galley was used in some pictures in order to get some special outlooks such as the background, house and ohio stadium. Wrap text was also used. Brush and rectangle tool were used to draw the ear, stop sign, traffic lights, etc.




2 条评论:

  1. This piece was creative and showed a lot of details. The yellow route/ ear was very cool to see. Showed the way you traveled, as well as what you do while traveling. The piece was very full, and showed all the details listed in the blog.

    回复删除
  2. Excellent job Yihan. I will send you some more comments later, but this was well done.

    回复删除